Friday, April 28, 2017

Welcome!

   Since my last blog on 4-17-17, I have been quite busy promoting my 1st book "So Thankful! Life Behind The Posts"
   I am amazed as I watch God work, I'm not one to promote myself, in fact, it's a little embarrassing to me. knowing that part of my life is disclosed and is now an open book (literally), causes me to feel vulnerable. But, it's not about me, it's about someone hopefully being encouraged in some way as they read about my life behind the posts on facebook (that were vague). That helps me promote it.
   I am being asked by people that purchase my book if I would sign their copy for them, (what an honor) it's amazing to me that they would ask me to do so. I will not be that person who forgets who they are. I know that none of this would be possible if God had not made the way, not only given me the strength to put my life out there for the world to read but helping me with the right words to write.
   I will admit, even before my editor sent "So Thankful" back to me for review, I knew there were parts of the book I needed to soften and in a few cases, I needed to erase and rewrite altogether. I could tell that God had healed parts of my heart because of how I felt, knowing, that what I wrote was too hard, as opposed to when I originally wrote "So Thankful" forgiveness wasn't in my heart in certain areas. I believe through the process of writing "So Thankful! Life Behind The Posts" and the many tears that were shed during that process, God healed parts of my heart.
    As I am promoting my book on facebook, I am noticing many of my friends and family share my posts, it brings me to tears of appreciation. I am also noticing my friends, friends, whom I do not know are liking the posts shared, it warms my heart.
   I have also promoted my book on twitter, that one is easier for me because I don't know most of my followers.
   The same person that create my website, lifebehindtheposts.weebly.com has also given me great advice and direction concerning shipping my book out to those who prefer to order through me directly, she is such a God sent.

   I currently have seven people writing their stories for the book, "Behind closed doors"  I am putting together.  The proceeds from this book will go to help fight human trafficking and help women and children in abusive situations or in great need. One person sent me the beginning of her story, my goodness, I really don't have the right words to express my thoughts. Reading the story from someone reliving their memory of abuse to the degree this person has and knowing that they have the courage and strength to share their experience to help others, is amazing!
    Myself along with my daughter have a desire to start a foundation for the specific purpose of fighting human trafficking and helping abused women and children. It is my vision that the proceeds from "Behind closed doors" will go directly to this foundation, along with proceeds from other areas that will be disclosed at a later date.

   I am half of the way through the seven-week curriculum course for my beauty school. Although I don't want to rush through it, I am excited to finish it so I can pick up where I left off writing the other two book I have started.

GOD IS FAITHFUL!

Thanks for reading,
Blessings

Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment