Since my blog on 10-27-17, I have been pondering the third characteristic of Love. Love is not jealous or envious. My original thought was, how am I going to articulate this? I honestly thought,"maybe I need to skip this one". I asked God to give me insight as He always does and, I believe He did.
I have a few Bibles, one in particular from years back has simply fallen apart, but, has awesome notes and references. Therefore, I went to that Bible for the guidance of this blog.
In my ~Spirit Filled Life Bible NKJV Nelson 2255~. The side note reads ~Love does not envy; since it is nonpossessive and noncompetitive, it actually wants other people to get ahead~.
As I was reading that side note, my thought was, "God is not pushy", in other words, He will not force Himself on anyone, He gives everyone the freedom to choose the direction of their life. If we choose a path other than the path he has for us, He has a plan to get us back on course, however, that plan will include surrender. I have found that to be the case in my life.
I was at a place in life that was beyond bad, it was anything but a bed of roses! I had been living for God how I knew to live for Him. Then events took place in my life that was devasting to myself and the ones I loved. My answer to that was, ~okay, I did it His way and look where it got me, now, I'll do it mine~.
Rebellion is never a good thing.
In rebellion against God, I made a decision in my life that left me broken in many ways.
As I look back on my journey of life, I can see the lessons I have learned, many, that had I known then what I know now, I would not have rebelled as I did, and, I believe would be in a different place in life. I wrote a smidgin about this in my book titled, ~So Thankful! Life Behind The Posts~
However, everything I have gone through because of that rebellion has made me a stronger person with a heart to help others that are broken and feel lost.
The Bible reads in Deuteronomy 30:19 ~...I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse; therefore choose lie...~
But, He is a jealous God. My thought is, Just as a Father wants the best for his children, so it is with God, He wants the best for us. Therefore, God, knowing the end from the beginning, knows what is in our future. Knowing this, He is jealous of anything that would keep us away from His best in our lives. He knows what potential dangers lye ahead of us.
I Googled "Why is God a jealous God?
- Answer: He is jealous of what belongs to Him.
What came to me while reading that is, Jesus paid a high price with His own blood. He redeemed us from the curse that we inherited from Adam. In other words, He purchased us back from satin. That's why we as children of God can have peace instead of anxiety, stress or whatever mental torment we may face that is the opposite of peace.
When I was at the weakest and lowest times in my life feeling as though I couldn't go any further, I surrendered to Him, allowing Him to be my strength.
Even though Jesus paid for our freedom, meaning, He paid the price for our sins with His blood on the cross of Calvary and rose on the third day so we could be free to live the good life. Buying us back from the thief (satan) who is out to steal, kill, and destroy. (John 10:10). He gives us the freedom to choose how we want to live but encourages us to choose life, to choose Him.
I have been jealous a few times in my life, but have come to realize, (as in singing), although I can't sing like someone who has, in my opinion, an awesome voice, so it is, no one can sing as I sing either! We are all unique in our own way and have our own special gift or talent. We need to embrace who we are as individuals and not try to be what or who we are not.
Therefore, even though Jesus paid the price for us, He gives us the freedom to choose, I choose life!
If you feel Him nudging you, please join me on this journey!
Although I previously mentioned my book, allow me to explain it further. I wrote a book titled, ~So Thankful! Life Behind The Posts~ Between the covers I wrote about the daily struggles I faced and how leaning on God gave me strength, recognizing Him as the only Hope I had while discovering His faithfulness in my life.
I am running a special on my book, ~So Thankful! Life Behind The Posts~. through the end of 2017, If you order directly through me you pay only $12.99, which includes shipping and handling. ~unfortunately, I am unable to offer this to those who live outside of the United States~. If you live outside of the United States and you would like to purchase my book, you can order a printed copy on my website through create space, or digital download through Amazon, the links to both are on my website at, lifebehindtheposts.weebly.com
To Contact Me, my email address is, tammietrue16@gmail.com, your message may go to junk mail, to ensure it will not be deleted, next to subject please type in ~I read your blog~.
To book me for speaking engagements please contact me at;
sothankful.tcp@gmail.com
Again, next to subject please type in,~ I read your blog~.
Thank you all SO much! I appreciate you, blessings!
Tammie
No comments:
Post a Comment