Monday, August 1, 2016

Welcome!

Looking back, I ponder “What has my life’s journey taught me thus far?”

   My answer, to not allow anyone to control my life. It’s ok to be me! To laugh and cry, to go through hard times without feeling the need to get over, or suppress my feelings based on how others think I should act, feel, or heal.  I’ve learned to dress and wear my hair the way I choose so I can feel good about me. That I’m entitled to my opinion and to speak my opinion if I choose to.  I have found I can’t just take someone's word about situations as gospel truth, but to use my own judgement weighing the situations for myself.

I also have learned to do the things that bring joy to my life, things that fulfill me and causes me happiness. To walk away from anger, not allowing someone else's issues to control me or bring me down. I’ve learned to confront belittling, not allowing it to take root in my heart knowing that one’s spoken opinion of me does not define who I am.

I will no longer allow anyone to place blame on me were blame is not due.  Also, recognizing I am not responsible for anyone’s happiness, nor is anyone responsible for mine.  

Life has taught me that man’s negative opinion of my talents does not mean they're bad! It means it’s their opinion.

This journey has taught me that I don't need to try and change who I am to please others. People will like me for me, or they won’t.

I will not compromise who I am or my beliefs. I will however be still, waiting for the correct time to share my beliefs.

My journey has taught me signs of abuse, and how to be sensitive to the needs of the abused.

As I share my journey with others it’s taught me that others have already gone through, or are currently going through as well.

This journey has changed me.  I’m wiser, stronger. Self-confident (even though I have a way’s to go).  It has humbled me. It’s helped me to look deeper into issues, and to understand the underlying factors.

Life has helped me to see that if words do not sound right, or off, that I need to look deeper, and acknowledge the red flag. Going by my gut, it’s not wrong. To not second guess my decisions based on the opinions of others.

I have been taught many life lessons through this journey.  Some that I mentioned are a bit vague, but rest assured I know exactly what they are. It is my passion to take the lessons I have learned, and use them to help others, helping them to acknowledge the red flags as well. In some cases encouraging those who are abused to run the other way, and not to look back!


Thanks for Reading!
Blessings!
Tammie

2 comments:

  1. I have read them all. Blessings for sharing your journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read them all. Blessings for sharing your journey

    ReplyDelete