Welcome!
Since my blog on 1-7-17 life has been a bit busy, a little emotional, and cold.
Busy in the respect that I have been working on the curriculum for my Beauty School, ensuring the grammar I am using is consistent and specific and structured. I am really thankful that I was an instructor, teaching freshman hair design over and over to the point I was boredom. I am also thankful that I was a lead instructor in the same school which gave me an inside view of the administrative side of things.
God knew exactly what He was doing, He surrounded me with some awesome people that all helped mold me into the educator I am today, some of which will be helping me go forward with the undertaking of opening my Beauty School. However, without God none of this will even be, it's too big for me, but, with God, all things are possible, therefore, with God on my side, and His direction, it will be!
Another exciting thing took place in my life this week, I received the proof of my first book "So Thankful! Life Behind the Posts" it was exciting, and surreal, yet, I did not want to get my hopes up too high, and, it was a good thing they weren't. After taking a picture of the box my book arrived in, along with the front and back of the book, I noticed a couple things that brought disappointing tears to my eyes.
So, it was back to emailing my cover designer and making some changes to the inside. Once again, yesterday, I resubmitted my book, I will get the results tomorrow then order another proof copy. My best friend of 37 years helped me through the emotional disappointment, I am really grateful for her friendship.
I really don't like relying on other people, especially in business matters. I am learning that I need to be mindful of who I choose to work with me, and for me. I am discovering, having the wrong people working beside me in business can cause a delay in crucial situations, which could be detrimental to the business at hand. There is a woman who is a very diligent in business that I am learning from. One of the things she teaches is to be careful of doing business with slothful people. I am thankful for her. God is putting business minded people in my life that are giving me the guidance I need, with the business ventures I'm on. I am grateful!
Sometimes I think I live in the wrong state, I live in Oregon and although it is beautiful, close to the mountains and the coast, we hardly ever get a good snow.
However, the end of last year and this year so far has proven quite different. this last week alone we have had from 9" to a foot of snow, it has been beautiful, and cold! our highs have not been out of the 20's, but I am really enjoying it, not the danger the ice is bringing, just the view,
Thanks For Reading
Blessings!
Tammie
No comments:
Post a Comment