Monday, January 30, 2017

Welcome!

Well, life has been interesting, to say the least.

   I realize everything happens for a reason, And I know not to sweat the small stuff, whether I like the situation or not, just breath and let it go. Although letting it go does not necessarily mean doing nothing, but simply not to react, but take action. And that is precisely what  I am doing.

   While trying to organize my office further, I unplugged my modem to reconnect to a different power source only to have my modem decide to quit working, so, I have been without WI-FI for about a week. It's been no fun and unproductive.

   Another situation in which I had to breath and let it go was concerning the second proof copy of my book "So Thankful! Life Behind the Posts". It arrived the other day, and as I looked at the front cover I noticed the design had been slightly altered, therefore, I need to have either the designer fix it or have an all new cover designed. The situation with my book cover is becoming a frustration. If the design adjustments can't  be made, then I believe a new design will be in order. I am simply taking a breath and waiting for my designer to get back in the country to know which direction I need to go. I really believe everything happens for a reason. Although I was originally trying to have it published on black Friday 2016, it is happening in Gods timing, not mine, and, I want it done right. In the many years in the hair industry, both behind the chair and teaching, I always said to myself and my students, your name is on every head of hair that goes out that door, I feel the very same way concerning this book. Only it's much more than my name literally being on the book, my life is between the covers. Out of respect for myself, I want it done right. If it means it requires more time, then it requires more time.

   I have had a few family members ask me if I am excited about my book being published, they are surprised to hear my answer as being, No, until they hear the "why" behind the no. Once "So Thankful! Life Behind the Posts" is actually published, my life, my business, will actually be out there for the whole world to read. So, I take the frustrating distraction of the cover to my book as a blessing in disguise giving more time to emotionally prepare. Even though I was respectful of everyone in my book, I put myself out there, and that's ok! The few that know me and that have proof read a bit of the book, have simply said, "wow, you have no idea how many people this book will help". That makes it all worth it to me!

   I need to catch up on business, and this blog is the first order of business to catch up on. Through those few things that have gone wrong causing the process of even more things to be delayed, the one piece of good news is, this new modem gives me more power than the old one, at the same price, what a blessing!

Thanks For Reading
Blessings!

Tammie




 




No comments:

Post a Comment