Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Welcome!

   Since my last blog on 2-28-16, my birthday has come and gone without the publishing of my 1st  book "So Thankful! Life Behind The Posts". The cover simply wasn't correct in three separate areas. After talking on the phone with the printing company and sending an email to my designer, I am waiting for a word as to where this issue will be resolved, in the hands of the printing company, or my designer.

   While I am waiting to move forward with the publishing of my book, I am focusing my attention on writing the (freshman "non-chemical" curriculum) for my Beauty School. Even though I know the order that is favorable to teach (in my opinion) meaning, which basic haircut to start with first leading into the second, third, and forth. And when during the education process to introduce shampooing, thermal styling and so forth. I needed to be organized on paper, with introducing theory chapters, exams, practicals,and homework. Now that I have that 95% done on paper I can proceed and make sure everything is in order in my files, then finish the remaining weeks.

   I recorded a show a few days ago on a Christian Network that hit home with me in a few areas. The author of a popular book was explaining the meaning behind it. All of the situations in the book were metaphors for different situations in his life. I read the book he was narrating through about 10 years ago. He originally wrote his story For his kids for Christmas, making a few extra copies for others to read. His story fell into the right hands, a few people who read it talked to him about publishing it. However, publishing companies would not pick it up to publish. He asked his friends how hard could publishing be? So, they  decided to self-publish. long story short, the book is a best seller, having had a movie made from it. Hearing his story of self-publishing gives me hope of the possibilities for not only my first book, but also, the others that are in the making.

Thanks For Reading!
Blessings!

Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment