Tuesday, January 24, 2023

 Welcome!   1-17-23


God looks at the heart! 

First let me say, Im not saying cussing is ok, in fact, to me, depending on the situation, cussing makes the person look ugly. 

There are times, however,  I believe people cuss as a way of feeling stronger, empowered in life, it's their defense mechanism .

Throughout my life I have not been one to cuss, it's not who I am. In fact, when I have cussed on rare occasions it not only felt wrong, but I knew it wasn't me and not the way I wanted to be. 

All of that being said, the other day for whatever reason I was thinking about people that cuss, when it came to me, just popped in my spirit, "Jesus looks at the heart". That tiny statement got me thinking about the lives of well known people who have passed away who had professed Jesus as the Lord of their lives, and those living who profess Jesus as Lord of their lives that have had or who now have hang ups.

A while back, probably a few months ago now, I was watching an interview between Paul Crouch Jr and his wife, she was interviewing him. During the interview Paul Jr talked about the reasons he left TBN. To be honest, part of what he said wasn't surprising, I seen what was happening to a degree. Other things he disclosed during the interview were surprising to me, but left me meditating on how good, loving, and forgiving God is! 

People can be quick to judge and throw stones, forgetting they need to first get the plank out of their own eye and drop the stone they are so ready to throw. I know I've been there, I'm preaching to the choir. 

What Paul Jr said during the interview about his parents was really surprising to me, but again, it got me thinking, about the heart, God sees our heart! He sees the motive behind everything thing we do, good or bad. He also sees the struggles we go through, knowing we have an enemy who takes pleasure in destroying us any way he can, and using those struggles to try and do just that. 

I'm grateful that God looks at my heart and sees no matter the struggles I go through and the times I have fallen, that He is my First love! I am quick to repent when I know I have done wrong and I choose to surrender my life to Him, knowing He absolutely has my very best interest at heart! 

Jeremiah 29:11   I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out--plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. MSG 

John 10:10   The thief does not come expect to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. 

Matthew 7:5  Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's.

John 8:7..."He who is without sin among you, let him throw the first stone" 

1 Samual 16:7  ...For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.   (emphasis mine)

There is a reason for everything that happens in life. Cussing, drinking, doing drugs, promiscuous sex,  rebellion, anger, lying, and the list goes on! God sees the heart so he knows the reason behind it all. He knew what we were going to do and say, yet He died to free us from the bondage of it all, despite it all! 

God sees and knows our heart! I'm So Thankful!


Blessings!







No comments:

Post a Comment