Thursday, September 22, 2016

Welcome!

Since my blog on September 9th, I have been pondering how I used to be, and how to get back the better me.  My first step would be to forgive myself, and this would entail not reminding myself of past failures, but putting my focus on what's positive concerning the future.

A few months ago Matthew 22:37-40 was quoted in a meeting I attended to bring out a really interesting point, the point was found in the 39th verse, "you shall love your neighbor as yourself"  wow, as you love yourself! That really gave me something to think on, my thought was, "do I love myself?".

Along with pondering the thought of loving myself, God also placed 1st Corinthians 13:4-8 on my heart, these verses focus on love.

Verse 4 "Love endures with patience and serenity, love is kind and thoughtful, and is not jealous or envious; love does not brag and is not proud or arrogant. 5 Love is not rude; it is not self-seeking, it is not provoked [nor overly sensitive and easily angered]: it does not take into account wrong endured. 6 It does not rejoice at injustice, but rejoices with the truth [when right and truth prevail]. 7 Love bears all things [regardless of what comes], believes all things [looking for the best in each one], hopes all things [remaining steadfast during difficult times], endures all things [without weakening] 8 love never fails [it never fades or ends]..." amp

Is this what my life is about? Is this what others see in me? Sadly, I'm not sure all the descriptions of love have been a part of my daily life in recent years.

Looking back to the blog on 7-8-16, I need to forgive myself of the past so that I will be set free. Although the blog talks about releasing others, I also need to release myself. I will stop being critical of myself for past mistakes, God has forgiven me, so who am I not to forgive myself? He doesn't remember the mistakes I've made, and part of loving myself includes forgiving myself.

This time of meditation on these scriptures has been an eye opener, helping remember who I used to be and knowing the way back is healing from the inside out, forgiving and loving myself.  I already feel a change has taken place within myself and feel a load has been lifted off me.



It's amazing how forgiving one's self can have the same freeing effects as forgiving others.

Now it's time to keep moving forward in love and forgiveness of myself and others, letting the past be just that, the past.

Thanks For Reading!
Blessings!

Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment