Welcome! 8-22-21
This blog is the 3rd of a four part series titled, How we give our enemy (satan) legal access into our lives.
Part 1 was, the negative words we speak, example, (I get the flew every year, or he or she will not amount to anything, or I can never get ahead financially). these words and many many more give the enemy legal access.
Part 2 was, fear. Point blank fear is nothing but false evidence appearing real. fear is like a magnet it will draw whatever you are fearful of to you. It's a spiritual force just as faith is a spiritual force. The just shall live by Fatih. Hebrews 10:38
In this blog I want to write to you about, our thoughts. For as he thinks in his heart so is he... Proverbs 23:7
This blog along with the 2 previous blogs are connected.
What I have learned is if we open one door even a crack to satan, he not only takes a mile, he tries to take the entire region. Only, it's the region of our lives and he tries to add the regions of those who are connected closely to us.
In the 1st blog published 8-22-21 I wrote, death and life are in the power of the tongue... Proverbs 18:21
Words we speak or hear about ourselves get in the soil of our heart, growing to maturity to the point of reality once we "THINK" on them enough.
I remember only hearing negative about myself too many times. I was timid, not strong in the Lord and the power of His might. To me, that meant I wasn't hidden in God, knowing who I am in Him! Not realizing the authority I have in Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior! He set me free from the law of sin and death. From the curse of the law, being made a curse for me and taking my place of punishment in hell so that I could be restored back to Father God! It's not enough for all of those things and more to have taken place, we have to believe them, receive them and have faith in Jesus and what He has done for us. The just shall live by faith. Hebrews 10:38
Note: I have not arrived, I believe that we never arrive.. The Bible says that we go from glory to glory, 2 Corinthians 3:18. To me, that means we are supposed to be growing in the knowledge and the things of God, becoming like Him. However, I am moving in a forward motion! I am pressing toward the goal, Philippians 3:12-14.
We need to be careful what and who we listen to! We need to be informed, yes, but not by just anyone, or news source that spews information! Here is a prime example-- My ex-husband used to say things, putting me down that made no sense to me to the point I knew he was full of bologna, to put it nicely. Here is one example, little as it is-- his handwriting was hard to read, just not good. He would tell me how horrible my hand writing was and how good his was. He would tell me the reason we were having difficulty in life in many areas, financially and all is because I did not get up in the morning and pray with him. My point being, I knew he was full of crap, and I knew it, so I did not allow his belittling of me to get into the soil of my heart... When the darkness of his life came to light, I divorced him. Although he was my husband I did not respect many things about him, there were too many things that didn't add up... Too many red flags. ---👇
My point-- If you hold someone in hi regard, their words spoken over you will effect you. You will think on them taking them as truth. I have done that, I know! -- Be careful who you allow into your circle! If their words don't build you up, instead, pull you down causing you not to feel good about yourself, it's time to cut ties! The Bible says out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. Matthew 12:34. They will say what they are really feeling-- Be listening! If it isn't good, say, by-by! Once I stopped, and listened to the words of someone that was in my life for many years I knew exactly how this person really felt about me. I cut the ties! I wish nothing bad towards this person, however, that bridge how's now been burned.
How we think about ourselves effects the direction our lives will go. You may be the prettiest or most handsome, most talented, smart, and have a great personality. But if in yourself all you can see is an ugly, clumsy, stupid, socially awkward person, you will never fulfill your potential in life.
Example: Almost 40 years ago I had total confidence when it came to singing. My pastor, at the time, of the small church I attended would motion for me to come to the front of the church, microphone in hand, turning it over to me most every service to lead worship. There were mainly only a few songs of choice, however, the Lord was always the center of my focus. I had an audience of one, 👆Jesus! A couple of years later I attended a different church, had a different pastor, and a different story. As I shared in the book I wrote titled, "I am", (not yet published), I confided in this pastor that my heart was to record an album, his response to me was a shake of his head and told me it wouldn't happen. Since he was in the position he was in with a gift of music I took his body language and response as I wasn't good enough. A few years later a different person was not in favor of me singing around him. both people were in a position of authority in my life. Both played a part in wounding the confidence I had in my gift of singing.
Because I thought on what these two people had spoken to me concerning my singing voice, it opened the door to the enemy for doubt to creep in, along with that doubt, fear of being made fun of for hitting the wrong key, or my voice cracking, etc. crept in. Noticed, the door to fear was opened through my thought process because of negative words that were spoken over me that I took to heart.
However, several years later while on the praise team at a different church and different pastor the worship leader forgot the words to a song, I was one of the only ones on the team that memorized all of the words to the songs we sung. I knew the song well and it was the perfect range for my voice so I stepped in taking the lead on the song. After service two people came up to me, one had never talked to me but told me I had an outstanding voice, the other said how anointed my voice was. That was God confirming to me I was indeed good enough.
Years later the person that asked me not to sing around him told me after complementing my voice, that he just told me not to sing because he didn't like the songs that I sang.
Those two statements shut my singing voice down for about 20 years. But God has bigger plans for my singing voice than I can imagine. A few years ago some positive events took place in my life, I sensed the Spirit of God say to me "don't stop singing"! I'm definitely rusty, but, I have started working my vocal (singing) muscles again.
Think only positive about yourself, and only allow those who have your best interest at heart in your inner circle! You will know them by the positive words they speak to you. Sometimes those positive words are words of wisdom, know the difference!
Be careful what you think on--meditate on-- allow to take root in your heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment