Welcome! 8-5-21
Thanks for pop-in in!
Pressing into God has been on my heart, therefore I wanted to study/research pressing in God. The following is the scripture basis for hunger, my curiosity.
In Mark 5:25-28 it reads, A woman in the crowd had suffered for twelve years with constant bleeding. 26 She had suffered a great deal from many doctors, and over the years she had spent everything she had to pay them, but she had gotten no better. In fact, she had gotten worse. 27 She had heard about Jesus, so she came up behind Him through the crowd and touch His robe. 28 For she thought to herself, "if I can just touch His robe, I will be healed". New Living Translation
In the King James Version, verse 27 reads, when she heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched His garment.
She pressed her way through the crowd to touch Jesus. I started pondering, how do I press towards Jesus?
Obedience is one way, trusting Him is another, forgiving others and myself is yet another. Loving other people as I love myself I know is needed also. Doing right by others and resting in Him! How do I rest? By getting so filled with His Word that the cares of this life do not bother me because I know if God is for me, then no one can be against me! Romans 8:31
That weapons (sickness, marriage problems, children problems, money issues, etc.) may form against me, but they won't prosper. Isaiah 54:17. But, it takes my faith in Gods Word to stand against these things that come against me. My faith in God is the victory that overcomes the word! 1 John 5:4
We all have a choice to cower to the circumstances we face and let them overwhelm us with fear, or, we can press into God by spending times with Him in prayer, His Word, and listening to His instructions/directions. I have learned many times over that listening to and obeying Him always bring reward! He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him! Hebrews 11:6. Seeking Him must also mean listening and doing what He says.
Noticed, she pressed into God for what she needed. When she touched Him, (the power source) (the anointing) she was made whole-healed from that moment on! She had faith in Him! all she needed to do was to get close to Him! Touch Him! All we need to do is get close to God and touch Him. That is where the peace, joy and strength is! He will give us the courage and boldness to do what it is He is asking us to do. It's in the pressing! Against all odds!
From what I understand in those days (the Bible days I will call them), a woman who was flowing with blood was not allowed in public. However, to touch Jesus, she went against the grain or the flow of what society was telling her she was supposed to do. Kinda like now, isn't it!?
I just reread my scripture basis for this blog, when I noticed, the doctors, (society) took all she had and she was no better, in fact she was worse.
What do we need? certainly not more of the way society (social media) is telling us how we should live our lives or how we should act, or what we should say! No, we need to touch Jesus for what we need! (peace, joy, healing, freedom, strength) whatever you need, I encourage you, even challenge you, reach out and, Touch Jesus!!!
BLESSING
No comments:
Post a Comment