Welcome! 8-20-21
I believe the Lord has given me a handful of topics He would like me to elaborate-on. This blog will be the first in a series of 4 on the subject of, giving the enemy (satan) legal access into our lives and perhaps into the lives of those whom we love.
As I was being still before God this morning, Holy Spirit dropped some ways in my heart that this is possible.
~ Words spoken. In Proverbs 18:21 it reads, Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat it's fruit.
I have heard several times over the years that if you want to know where a person is going, (in life) listen to what they are saying. I personally know that statement to be true. I have spoken both death and life over my life and the lives of others and have eaten (lived) the words I have spoken.
What did I do to turn the hell I was living in into life?
~ I repented of what I spoke (and stopped speaking the negative words).
~ I started praying the word of God over my situation (and aligned my actions to the words I was speaking).
~ I was constant in my prayers, decrees, and actions up to the point of seeing the results and after, (making it a life style).
~ I fasted. I skipped meals and was both on my knees and face in prayer.
~ I wept and thanked God for His faithfulness even before I seen the result. Note: I wept because I knew of the faithfulness of God.
~ I forgave myself and anyone I needed to forgive and claimed their souls for His kingdom.
When all hell broke loose in my life God told me to go on a fast, so I did. On the first day of that fast Holy Spirit showed me the reason for the turmoil and pain in my life, it was because of the words I had been speaking. Looking back I seen that the very words of death (negative words) I had been speaking were exactly what was being played out in my life. What a light bulb moment! 💡💡💡
My life was out of order. (I was unknowingly doing things that were hurting myself, my husband and our marriage), I needed to make some huge changes, and I did.
No matter what position we hold in life (ie, parent, teacher, grand-parent, pastor, etc.) we have the power in our tongue to speak life or death over another person. Especially if you are a person in authority. that position carries clout.
It may only take one statement to change someones life for the positive or the negative. Words are embedded in the soil of our heart, grows to maturity, then BAM! As he thinks in his heart, so is he. Proverbs 23:7
Stay alert! watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone tot devour. 1 Peter 5:8 NLT
We are made in the image of God, in Genesis chapter one He spoke creation into being. Therefore, we speak our world into being!
Deuteronomy chapter 30 verse 19 states, " Today I have given you the choice between life and death, blessing and curses..... Oh that you choose life, so that you and your descendants might live!
You may think what I am writing is crazy, that it doesn't matter what you say. I challenge you, take a look at the words you are speaking about yourself and others and see if that is not the direction, or the way life is unfolding.
I have turned my world (life) around by the Word fo God! I chose the BLESSING!
No comments:
Post a Comment