Monday, March 20, 2023

 Welcome!   3-20-23


For the past few days as my body has been fighting off a small cold, I started thinking about the benefits of taking communion.

In 2007 My world came crashing in on me. I was at my older sisters house, my body felt weird, as I went to stand up, I collapsed into two of my sisters arms.  My body and my mind said I have had enough!  Because of the collapse my sisters took me to the ER. The ER doctor prescribed counseling, I went once, it was a joke!  My home work from the counselor was to write down everything I was mad about. I knew that was not the answer, I felt the counselor would be of no help, I never went back. 

I had to really concentrate to do anything, eat, get dressed, even answer the phone. My body had to be retrained, so to speak. My husband would help me get undressed and dressed, when he was at work my little sister would come over to stay with me. 

I hated what had happened to me and was really mad at the enemy for the attack on my body. I asked God what to do? I sensed Him direct me to take communion daily, so I did. Within about two weeks I was totally healed and able to drive again. 

My husband and I are on the home stretch of finishing our last flipper house, therefore, feeling under the weather at all is not an option! As I was thinking of medicines I could take that would temporarily relieve the symptoms of the little cold trying to take hold of my body, I was reminded that communion symbolizes the truth that I am the healed! That neither sickness nor disease have the right to touch my body, I am Blood bought! I don't deny the symptom is there, I deny it's right to be there! That it's trespassing on Blood bought property! 

(This is my own thought for me personally) It is a slap in the face of Jesus for me to rely on medication for a cold. To me, I would be relying on a man made solution and not the healing power of communion. By Jesus stripes I am healed. 1 Peter 2:24.  One (communion) eradicates, the other bandages. 

I am not saying I have never, or will never take meds for certain things, I'm simply recognizing the power of communion. I witnessed it when my body would not function normally after the mental breakdown. Everyone should to do as they feel directed to do, working out their own salvation. For me, it was listening to and following Gods direction concerning communion. Even today, I am directed to take communion and decreeing Psalms 91 protection over me and my family, I do this almost daily. I do not know everything there is to know about communion,  but I have faith in it, knowing it works!


Blessings! 




No comments:

Post a Comment