Welcome! 3-20-23
On August 6, 2022 I had a a dream, in that dream I was told (I perceive by Holy Spirit), "you need to rise above the storm".
There is more to the dream, but across a deep valley, or canyon I seen a dark cloud with a white cloud under it. I knew I needed the white cloud to rise above the storm cloud.
If you have been reading my posts you are aware my husband and I are working on our last flipper house. We have probably flipped 20 or so houses over the past 25 years. Much has changed since we purchased our last stick build flipper house, the last 3 we have remodeled have been manufactured homes. We are older and our bodies are not used to the manual labor, although the neighbors are enjoying the transformation and hard work.
Rising above the storm! Normally with a flip of this size, and all the repairs (and there have been huge repairs) my husband anticipated there would be, he has an eye for this type of work and can generally see the end from the beginning, would take tops 4 months with the help (paid help) we normally had. This time, the help we thought we had when we purchased the house, we didn't. We've had this flipper house for 8 months.
Therefore, the storm I am rising above are the thoughts of we're tired, sore, and ready to be done! Some of the storm is personal that I can only journal, knowing that none of what we are going through has taken God by surprise. He already knew the worries, concerns, tears, and heart ache that my husband and I would be facing. I believe that is one reason He told me through a dream that I need to rise above the storm! I need to trust Him knowing He has our backs even when we feel like our backs are against the wall, and trust me, we have definitely felt that way.
Most of the work we are allowed to do, some we not only need permits for, but professionals in the field to do the work. Thankfully, we worked with an electrician years ago that is still in business, he gave us a reasonable bit even though their hourly rate doubled, it was reasonable and did a great job. Two more storms to rise above, but thankfully we have been able to close the walls, (sheet rock, because the electrical passed) which to us is a sign that we are in the home stretch. Praise God!!!
During this flip Holy Spirit has been reminding me that God already knew what we would be facing, that none of it has taken Him by surprise! So even though things haven't went how I thought they should have, He reminded me that, God wasn't going to do things my way, but that I needed to trust Him knowing everything is going to be ok even though this flip is not like all the rest. Everything has changed!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment