Welcome! 9-29-24
Well, here's a hot topic, forgiveness!
Why? Years ago my life and the lives of my family were effected in an unhealthy way that had the potential to do further harm in different ways.
I personally thought if I forgave it would be saying that what happened would be excused-just letting it slide, throwing it under the rug as if it was ok. However, what I did not realize was that that fruit of unforgiveness became a cancer in my heart that created bitterness and started changing me into a person I did not want to be.
Think about it, isn't that what cancer does? Eats away at your inside destroying the different organs in its miserable path. Unless eradicated, it continues to grow, depending on the cancer it could be slow growing or fast growing. While the person not effected my the disease (unforgiveness) goes on with their daily lives unaffected.
Unforgiveness opened the door to the enemy to destroy our lives like a cancer, from the inside. Our personality changes, our facial expressions become hard, and truthfully, our health is effected, high blood pressure, anxiety, fear, and it can cause cancer, for real!
God had to really work with me on forgiving in that one particular situation, and honestly it was probably one of the hardest things for me to do. It was hard to even say I forgive... but I did it, and it freed me from the enemies trap to destroy my life. I admit, it absolutely was a process, but now the enemy no longer has access into my life because I haven chosen to forgive!
It had nothing to do with the other person, and everything to do with being free from the enemies trap! Matthew 18:21-35
Jesus was hanging on the cross, the very people that had physically tortured Him, spit on Him, ripped His beard out, whipped His back 39 times with a cat of nine tails -- hooks-- ripping Him to the bone, and placed a crown of thorns on His head, said Father forgive them for they know not what they do. Luke 23:34 And looking through eternity, seen the end from the beginning and everything I would do in my life time including rebelling against Him chose to die to set me free, forgiving me! How could I not forgive, even such a horrible thing?
It doesn't mean I like the person or people, but it does mean I love myself enough to forgive!
Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment