Welcome! 9-30-24
Here is a subject that has boggled my mind, but only to a degree!
Over and over throughout my life I have seen people blame God for the actions of others. Why? Did God make them, cause them, or tell them to live their lives contrary to His Character-which is unconditional love? The answer is unequivocally, No!
God has given everyone a free will to live life as they choose. I do understand there are those who call themselves "Christians" who are deceived into believing they have the right to judge and point fingers at others when they should be looking at the three fingers pointing back at themselves.
Over three decades ago, there were women at a church I went to who decide I was too happy as I was going through my divorce, and one of those women told me that the long skirt I was wearing was too revealing because it had a slit half way up the back about an inch above my knee. I could go on and on!
However, in all the many situations, I never once thought it was Gods fault, I did, however, stop going to that church. It was situations like that and others that put me on a long journey to finding out Who God really was, and what He was really like for myself. Not for what the pastor or anyone else taught, I had to Know Him for myself!
Truthfully, the pastor of the church I left did not tell the women in the church to mind their own business, or that if they thought I was wrong to simply pray for me, because I needed prayer with what I was going through. I know this because he passed their message to me, on to me. Yes I was happy to be divorcing! Truth is, they did not know my story and the strength I would need to go through the clean up I was facing from the storm I had been through. You can be happy the load of whatever your storm is has been lifted off you, but still need strength the go through the cleanup from the storm.
I will admit, I personally have been mad at God, but it wasn't because of other "christians" it was because I wasn't mature enough in the things of God and thought He went against His own word, when He didn't!
It's the devils sick pleasure to deceive people by saying, "look what they said or did, they call themselves christians? Who would anyone want to serve the god they serve? When in reality, the devil himself is the very god they serve!
My job as a Christians is to show the love of God, not judge! Have I come short of that, sadly, many times, but Holy Spirit nudges me and says "Hey Tammie, that was wrong" and I repent. I'm intentional to not do it again. There are things Holy Spirit is working with me on, but I am happy to allow Him to change me from the inside out. True change comes though Jesus, the help of Holy Spirit and the written Word of God.
All of that to say this, please don't look at any person thinking they are the perfect image of God-don't put anyone on that pedestal, because they will fall off every time, I know, I've done it. We live in a fallen world and no one is perfect.
I encourage you, look to Jesus, He will fill the void and give you the peace of mind you are looking for and give you the answers you need!
Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment