Welcome! 10-9-24
Trust, now there is a topic!
I was raised in religion, hell fire and brimstone. I was taught if I went to a movie and Jesus came back I would go to hell, etc. I grew to know God the Father as a hard task master, but I felt Jesus was good.
Then in about 2007 my life fell apart, every aspect of it. I had no where to turn, no hope.
However, I also grew up hearing the Bible quoted all of the time, I did not see the manifestation of it, but I heard it, all the time. So when all hell broke loose I had no where to turn except to God. He began the journey of showing me that He was NOT a hard task master, and that He kept His Word. He knows us better than we know ourselves, and He knows I am really big on not only keeping my word, but being cautious of those who don't keep theirs.
I had some scriptures that promised me Hope in my situation so I had a one sided conversation with God, saying to Him, "Your Word says You cannot lie and will not fail me, so if it is True, I will hold onto it, because I have no other hope." And that I did, it was the only hope I had. I sensed Him telling me to get up and hour early and just spend quality time with Him, so I did. I did not know how to study the Bible and did not know that many words in the Bible have a Greek and Hebrew translation-which explains many things and takes your study deeper into the meaning.
I learned that the Bible says when you see Me you see the Father, and that God is Love-which is mind boggling in itself. He began to show me little by little that He keeps His Word and that I can indeed trust His Word, which is Him. Jesus-the Word made flesh. John 1:14 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and at the Word was God. John 1:1
The Father was teaching me to know Him for myself and not what religion taught me, He had to reteach me. Matthew 15:13
Since 2007 I have learned that God is indeed Trust...Worthy! Each of those dots go on and on to infinity-any area of our live.
I encourage you, get to know God for yourselves. Get to Know Him for Who He really is! He did not say hard times won't come, because they will. I was going through a hard time the whole time I was getting to know Him, and even though it was tough, He gave me the peace and strength I need to go through the storms of my life. And yes, storms plural, because I was going through more than one thing a the same time. At times I would cry myself to sleep as I thanked Him for being my strength. We don't thank Him for the storm, but through the storm because He has already given us victory on the other side of the storm, always! It's a matter of getting in His Word and getting to know Him, getting our mind renewed in the Word of God, so when things happen that are contrary to His Word we take a stand and say, no! Gods Word says... and Stand on His Word. Death and life are in the power of our tongue, and His Word had the power in Itself to bring Itself to pass. Proverbs 18:21 Hebrews 4:12
Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment