Sunday, October 27, 2024

Welcome!   10-27-24

Peace...What is it? 

Inner peace that comes from God, how do you explain it? 

Better yet, how do you get it??

That was a question I asked myself, how would I explain Gods peace? Having it and yet explaining it are two separate things.

I kept being reminded of the book I purchased by Tony Evans--The Power of God's Names. I was also reminded I sensed God wanted me to encourage people in the, Power of His Names--Who He Is!

I have said often, He is my Peace! But how to explain the, Peace that can only come from Him?? 

As I opened, The Power of God's Names, going to the chapter, JEHOVAH SHALOM, THE LORD IS PEACE, it took me to a two truths I had not considered.

Obedience --

Rebellion-- 

I had not connected those two with having peace. But looking back on my life when I was either in disobedience or in rebellion against God, I had no peace. Some may say the two are the same-or connected, and they very well may be, but to me, they are different even if only a little.

This world needs peace, yet for far too long have walked in not only rebellion against God-as I once did, or disobedience for whatever reason. Neither avenues lead to Gods Peace. It's a supernatural Peace that cannot be explained. 

Thinking back on the different things I have been instructed to do, from the very smallest of things such as, paying for a person behind me in the checkout line at dollar tree that only has one item, to something huge like preparing hundreds of documentation for a business.  In both cases each assignment gave me the Peace of God because I was walking in not only my assignment, but in obedience.  

The girl in the checkout line behind me was young-early twenties, I'm guessing, and purchasing colored pens. When the cashier took my two items to ring them up I told her to add the pens. The smile on the girls face was huge, she said, "really!?" and gave me a hug, I told her Jesus loved her and told me to pay for hers too. She acted as though I gave her $100. Something so simply, and to me so little, yet seemingly to her it meant a lot. The peace I had in obeying that simply assignment was, and is, priceless!

Thinking back decades ago when I was in rebellion against God, there was not only no peace, but there was turmoil in my spirit as well. My act of rebellion had opened the door to the enemy. I wasn't happy and anxiety soon followed the rebellion, which I had never had before. That one act of rebellion opened a Pandora's box.    That God for His forgiveness and grace in my life!!!

As I read through, Tony Evans Book, there is much more that I can write, but they would be his words and not mine. However, I will add a few things he penned. Peace is bigger than calm. The word shalom means "wholeness, completeness, or well being." It means having things properly aligned and ordered.  peace isn't tied to circumstances...Peace has to do with well being regardless of circumstances. Being at peace means you're at rest even when everything else seems to be all wrong.   THE POWER OF GOD'S NAMES...TONY EVANS. 

Knowing God's Word, leads to Trusting Him in all things, obeying Him in the big and small things...And that all Equals... Peace!!!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment