Welcome! 12-15-24
Double Jeopardy;
Google, Overview... A procedural defense that prevents a defendant from being tried again for the same charges after an acquittal or conviction... The double jeopardy clause is based on the idea that no person should be "twice put in jeopardy of life or limb for the same offense".
Years ago I was watched the movie double jeopardy, and honestly I had never thought about what double Jeopardy actually meant. But then when I realized what double jeopardy actually was, I started thinking about what Jesus did on the cross, took upon Himself and becoming, so He would free us. It was then that I realized... If He took the curse of it all on Himself, and if you can't be tried twice for the same thing-sin/curse, then we should not be taking ownership of anything and everything Jesus took on Himself, becoming, paying the price with His own blood to free us from.
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit. Proverbs 18:2.
Something to think about... The word "my" is claiming something, or taking ownership of something, is it not? Example; My house, my car, my cloths. My allergies, is an example of something Jesus paid the price to set us free from.
Question, so why are we taking ownership of anything Jesus has already paid the price to free us from? The enemy, in most cases, does not have the legal right to put any form of the curse on us because Jesus already took it on Himself, becoming it. That's double jeopardy! We don't deny sickness, we deny its right! It is trespassing on blood bought property!
I understand that we need to have faith to receive His promises of healing, deliverance, prosperity, restoration, etc. And that it takes faith in the Word of God to receive freedom from what Jesus paid the price to free us from.
This blog is by no means to belittle, put anyone down, or to sound like a know it all, because I am far from it! But if we don't know, we can't fix it. Even those who are mature in the Lord need reminders, I know I sure do!
Our tongue is the rudder of our life, James 3:4-5. I encourage you to be wise as to what you are taking ownership of, and to know satan always plays according to his own rules, to steal-kill- and destroy.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment